Tuesday, July 15, 2008

the over active imagination of an only child trying to find a job

boy o boy .....I am about to drive to Wilmington and demand that someone give me a job. I know it won't be that easy but the visuals I get when I think of demanding a job crack me up. I believe it's an only child thing. We have very over active imaginations and I always think of the most extreme outcomes hahaha.
Here's what might happen when I enter one place of business:

" Give me a damn job, Please" I say*

The receptionist turns around to speak. She is currently nailing boards to the wall and trying to swat away a Compsognathus, a very small carnivorous dinosaur.
" Excuse me lady but a hurricane** is about to hit and all the dinosaurs were released by accident from our local Jurassic Park"

"Oh, well can I leave my resume anyway?" I ask

" Um sure, but watch out - a Velosaraptor was spotted in human resources and Betty isn't answering her phone"

" Oh dear, Poor Betty. Well I'll just leave my information with you then. Thanks and good luck with that Velosaraptor, I have heard they are mean lil fuckers"
I slowly inch towards the door, avoiding the Compsognathus. The receptionist shewed a few out but there was still one standing in the corner giving me the evil eye. I step outside, ducking to avoid a flying mailbox.

"Damn Hurricane"

_____________________________________________________________________

* I would never say give me a damn job, its just an effect for the story haha

** I always mention Hurricanes because North Carolina's ass sticks out into the ocean and its hurricane season and we are always watching for the next Fran, Bertha etc......

1 comment:

Lady Em said...

Oh Lord, I love it!!!!!!!!!!
You know I thought I had an overactive imagination, but you take the award.
North Carolina does have a big ass that likes to catch hurricanes, kinda like the size of my mama's ass, that I hope to never inherit.